Maintaining A Proper Posture At Work
For those of you that sit at a workstation for long periods of time, this is a good blog to read. It’s important that you maintain the proper posture at all times to prevent unnecessary aches and pains in your:
Here are 6 quick tips on how you can manage a proper posture:
1) Adjust your chair so that it’s the right height at your desk. Make sure the level of your hips is placed comfortably above your knees.
2) Sit back in your chair and place a lumbar roll at the base of your chair. This will create a small curve in your lower back, prompting you to sit up straight.
3) Make sure that you sit up nice and straight. Ensure that your shoulders are wide and your ears are above your shoulders.
4) Keep your head straight so that your chin isn’t jutting out. Aim to maintain a posture that is tall and wide.
5) When typing on the keyboard, keep your elbows bent to around 90 degrees. Keep your keyboard and mouse within close proximity so you don’t have to reach out to grab them. This means you’ll avoid straining your neck and shoulders leaning out to reach them.
6) Adjust your monitor so that your eye level is at the top of the monitor. When your arm is extended in front of you, you should be able to touch the monitor. You don’t want your monitor too close or too far away either.
These key points will help you to maintain your posture when you’ve been seated at your workstation for a long time.
If you need any further clarification, don’t hesitate to come into one of Core Physio’s practices to chat with our Physios.