During October, the team from Core Physio & Pilates Studio Gawler Place set up their marquee in Rundle Mall. They were kept busy handing out vouchers and goodie bags to passers by! Senior Physio Nick also came along to let people know what Core Physio & Pilates Studio can do to help them with their aches and pains.
If you saw us in Rundle Mall, you would have seen our headaches and migraines poster. Lots of people that we spoke to didn’t know that a Physio can help to relieve their headaches and migraines!
Did you know that migraines are the third most common disease in the world? Yet only 5% of people receive treatment from a health care provider for them?
What Are Some Common Causes Of Migraines & Headaches?
- Throbbing one-sided pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Photophobia (sensitivity to light)
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Stiffness in neck and shoulders
- A feeling of being generally unwell
- Migraines and headaches can be inherited, so if you suffer from them it’s a good idea to see if anyone else in your family also suffers from them.
- Not enough water (dehydration)
- Not eating enough food
- Lack of sleep
- Some food and drink (chocolate, alcohol, anything with caffeine)
- Menstrual cycle (some women can experience headaches/migraines as a result of their periods)
What Can You Do To Help Relieve Headaches Or Migraines?
See A Health Professional!!
You don’t need to suffer silently, there are so many people out there who can help you manage headaches and migraines. A good option is to book in with a Physio at Core Physio & Pilates Studio’s CBD practice. They will be able to help investigate the cause of your headaches and then help to alleviate some pain.
Look at how you can improve your lifestyle and habits
Drinking more water, being conscious of your diet and regular exercise will help to minimise the effects of a common headache. Also, reducing your alcohol intake or caffeine intake can also help.
Some people may require more help than a change in lifestyle which is why it is so important to book in with your local GP or Physio!
To enquire about how one of our Physios at Core Physio Gawler Place can help you, give us a call on 08 8211 8855 or you can book online by pressing the button below.
This blog was written by Georgia from the Gawler Place Physio practice.