Prenatal and Postnatal Physio Group Exercise
If you’re pregnant or recently had a baby, uncertainty around exercise is a common thought. Many new mums experience common pain complaints! That’s why our Physiotherapy team at Core Physio Marion developed a safe Physio Group Exercise program.
Physio Group Exercise during and after pregnancy is a safe and controlled method of exercise. It is supervised by our highly trained Physiotherapists.
Key benefits for Physio Group Exercise:
1. Reduces back pain – strengthening the abdominal muscles with Physio Group Exercise can reduce back pain significantly.
2. Strengthen your Pelvic floor – the muscles that support your pelvis during pregnancy can become weak, Physio Group Exercise can help strengthen this area with physiotherapy guidance.
3. Maintain a healthy weight – although weight gain is a normal part of pregnancy, regular controlled & safe exercise can help maintain healthier weight during pregnancy.
4. Breathing control – The importance of breathing is a key focus in Physio Group Exercise and is especially useful for labour preparation.
5. Improve balance – Physio Group Exercise helps with your balance by increasing your core strength and posture awareness.
6. Relaxation – taking time for yourself during a time of constant change, regular breathing and physio supported exercises can be a great addition to pre & postnatal care.
7. Education and community – with trained physiotherapists creating and supervising all classes, the opportunity for learning and sharing your story is encouraged among our community of mums.
Our prenatal and postnatal classes are run by our female Physiotherapy team.
Class times are below:
- Tuesday – 6:00PM
- Thursday – 6:00PM
- Saturday – 12:00PM
To ensure we provide the best level of care, a pregnancy screening appointment is required beforehand. Contact our team at Core Physio Marion to book in today.