There’s a lot happening during Mad March in Adelaide, there are events like The Adelaide Fringe, The Super Loop, The Adelaide Festival and The Adelaide Cup.
If you’ve been exercising religiously to improve after an injury and keep yourself fit and healthy, you might be about to run out of time in Mad March.
Here’s 5 reasons why you should keep your exercise program and fit in that late night comedy gig.
1) Use it or lose it! If you stop training your muscles will become smaller and get weaker.
2) Balance is learned and earned – improving your balance takes time and needs regular reminders to keep your nervous system primed.
3) Good posture needs the right balance of muscle activation – and good posture is exactly what you need when you’re sitting at an event for a long period of time.
4) Joint flexibility is important for joint health but also allows us to keep the pressure off of often injured body parts.
5) You are calmer when you take part in regular exercise, you feel more balanced and are less stressed.
Each year we look forward to Mad March, enjoy everything that is happening, but make sure to remember your health as well! If you’re looking for some more tips you can make a booking at your closest practice, by pressing the button that’s below.
This blog was written by Nick Lagos, Physio at the Morphett Vale practice.