Staying active during Winter when the weather is frosty, the days are short and your joints may stiffen can be difficult, especially if you have symptoms that require continuous rehabilitation. It can be easy to fall into a routine where you don’t exercise.
During the Winter months you may be experiencing stiff or sore joints as well as mild pain when moving. This can be the result of poor muscle control, muscle fatigue or arthritic changes. If you neglect your exercise routine throughout Winter, it can be difficult to bounce back when Spring arrives.
If the level of exercise that you’ve been doing this Winter has literally come to a standstill, our Physios can help to point you in the right direction. We can create an exercise plan or a Pilates routine to help improve any symptoms that you may be experiencing or suffering from, to help you get moving again.
If you’re looking for ideas on how to keep moving or incorporate more exercise into your day during the Winter months. Try these…..
- Take the stairs instead of using the lift
- Plan a Winter getaway so that you have a goal that will help you to stay in shape
- Don’t let a cold spoil any exercise plans that you may have, instead choose an easier form of exercise
- Rally some friends together and plan exercise classes before or after work
- Schedule exercise into your outlook calendar
- Put your kids in a stroller and hit the streets, alternatively if you live close to school or childcare you can walk your kids there
- If you’re at the playground with the kids you can turn it into exercise time at the gym doing tricep dips off of a bench, incline push ups, step ups or pull ups on the monkey bars.
To make a booking with a Physio at one of our locations across Adelaide or find out more about the different types of services that we provide press this link.