Dear Valued Clients,
Amidst the concerns and changing landscape worldwide regarding Covid-19 we wanted to send out some more information for everyone about how we are handling the concern.
The health and safety of every client and staff member of the Core Physiotherapy & Pilates Studio family is our first priority and we are doing everything we can to ensure that, whilst still giving you access to our great Physiotherapy care. We have already undertaken a lot of steps to keep our practices virus free and our people and community safe.
On Sunday the Australian Government announced that all international arrivals need to self-isolate for 14 days on their return. Therefore, all Clients, Carers and Staff are asked to NOT attend Core Physiotherapy & Pilates Studio if you have returned from overseas on and from 16/3/2020 and to self-isolate for 14 days regardless of which country you have travelled from. Please call us BEFORE your appointment to let us know if you have recently returned from travel.
The Government has also imposed a ban on non-essential gatherings of over 500 people. This currently does not apply to private healthcare practices. Therefore, we will continue to be open as per our normal hours of operation, until further notice.
We ask that ALL Clients and Staff be aware of any symptoms of possible Flu like illness and to call us BEFORE attending the practice to discuss. These include fever, cough and shortness of breath. If you have any or all of these symptoms it is suggested that you also contact your GP or the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 for advice. Further if you have been in contact with anyone who has returned a positive test for Covid-19 then please contact us before you attend your next appointment.
Some additional measures we are implementing effective immediately:
- We will be asking all clients and practitioners to wash or sanitise their hands in front of each other before and after their consultation.
- ALL clients are to wash or sanitise their hands BEFORE and after Group Exercise Sessions
- We have removed all linen from the treatment rooms, with beds being fully wiped down with disinfectant before and after treatment.
- We will not be using towels and if you require one we request that you bring a towel from home
- Please be aware of wearing or bringing the correct clothing to allow your Physio to work on you – shorts or a loose tank top. We will not be able to provide gowns and shorts.
- Sadly, our staff will no longer be greeting you with a handshake. Our smiling faces will still show you we care.
This is an evolving situation and we will keep you updated as things change. Our priority is to always ensure the health and safety of our amazing clients and team.
We want everyone to also be mindful of not getting too stressed about this and staying generally positive and healthy by getting good rest, sunshine, good healthy food, taking vitamins, spending time with friends and family and being available to support each other.
If you have any concerns in relation to our efforts at the practice or your treatment then please contact us by email or phone at your local practice to discuss.
Nick Lagos, David Ayres, Scott Brown & Chris Greenfield
Practice Directors at
Core Physiotherapy & Pilates Studio