Staying active during Winter when the weather is frosty, the days are short and your joints may stiffen can be difficult. Especially if you have symptoms that require rehabilitation, it can be easy to fall into a routine where you don’t exercise.
During the Winter months you may be experiencing stiff or sore joints as well as mild pain when moving. This can be the result of poor muscle control, muscle fatigue or arthritic changes. If you pull back on your exercise routine during Winter, it can be difficult to get back into it when Spring arrives.
If the amount of exercise that you’ve been doing this Winter has literally come to a standstill, our Physios can help to point you in the right direction. We can create an exercise plan or a Pilates routine to help to improve any symptoms that you may be experiencing or suffering from, to help you get moving again.
If you’re looking for ideas on how to keep moving or incorporate more exercise into your daily routine during the Winter months. Try these…..
- Take the stairs instead of using the lift
- Get off the bus or tram a couple of stops early so that you have to walk further to get to your office
- Plan a Winter getaway so that you have a goal that will help you to stay in shape
- Don’t let a cold spoil any exercise plans that you may have, instead choose an easier form of exercise
- Rally some friends together and plan exercise classes before or after work
- If you don’t have time for a massive workout make sure that you squeeze some exercise into your day, even 15 minutes can make a difference!
- Choose exercises that you enjoy over exercises that you dislike
- Take ‘runch’ otherwise known as a running lunch with a work colleague
- Check in with friends to make sure that you stick to your goals
To make a booking with a Physio at one of our locations across Adelaide or find out more about the different types of services that we provide press this link.